Consumer Affairs Victoria will give you a free safety kit. Give them a call or visit them on the link below.
Tragically, at least 15 Australian children have died in strangling incidents related to blind and curtain cords since the early 1990s, including two Victorian infants late last year.
Wooden and slimline Venetians have been very popular in renovations over the past ten years so there are lots of these cords about.
Children – particularly infants – can become entangled in looped curtain and blind cords. This includes cords they can reach from furniture, beds or cots.
Although safety standards now apply to new curtain or blind cords, you should check all cords in your home to make sure they are safe.